Forum: RSpec route_for()

Anita A. (Guest)
on 2008-10-09 01:41
Hello,

Can I test in the spec the route taken by the redirect_to from the
controller? The URL is not controller/action.
I tried:
route_for(:controller => "signup", :action => "confirmation").should ==
"/my/set/URL" but no it absolutely wants: ...should ==
"signup/confirmation"
So how can I test my real URL?

Thank you,
Anita.
Zach D. (Guest)
Look at the below, I think it entails what you want:

describe YourController do
   it "redirects to the home page" do
        get :index
        response.should redirect_to("your_path_here")

Zach

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Anita A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Thank you,
> Anita.
> --

Zach D.
http://www.continuousthinking.com
http://www.mutuallyhuman.com
Scott T. (Guest)
On Oct 8, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Anita A. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can I test in the spec the route taken by the redirect_to from the
> controller? The URL is not controller/action.
> I tried:
> route_for(:controller => "signup", :action => "confirmation").should
> ==
> "/my/set/URL" but no it absolutely wants: ...should ==
> "signup/confirmation"
> So how can I test my real URL?

There may be a more straightforward way, but params_from may help:

http://rspec.info/rdoc-rails/classes/Spec/Rails/Ex...

Scott