Forum: GNU Radio gnuradio compile errors

Jason U. (Guest)
I'm trying to re-compile gnuradio to the 9749 revision and get an
error about undefined symbols (shown at the end of this message).  I'm
compiling on an intel mac with osx 10.4 and was hoping someone could
tell me if the issue is with gnuradio, macports, etc.

I did bootstrap, configure, make and had no problems with the first 2.
 bootstrap did give some warnings about doing one thing before
another, but I don't know what they were :(

Thanks
Jason

/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -I/sw/include
-D_THREAD_SAFE  -D_THREAD_SAFE  -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual
-avoid-version -L/opt/local/lib -L/sw/lib -o libmblock-qa.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib qa_bitset.lo qa_bitset_mbh.lo qa_disconnect.lo
qa_mblock.lo qa_mblock_prims.lo qa_mblock_send.lo qa_mblock_sys.lo
qa_timeouts.lo libmblock.la -L/opt/local/lib -lcppunit -ldl   -lstdc++
g++ -dynamiclib ${wl}-undefined ${wl}dynamic_lookup -o
.libs/libmblock-qa.dylib  .libs/qa_bitset.o .libs/qa_bitset_mbh.o
.libs/qa_disconnect.o .libs/qa_mblock.o .libs/qa_mblock_prims.o
.libs/qa_mblock_send.o .libs/qa_mblock_sys.o .libs/qa_timeouts.o
-L/opt/local/lib -L/sw/lib ./.libs/libmblock.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libpmt.dylib /usr/local/lib/libgromnithread.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libcppunit.dylib -ldl -lstdc++  -install_name
/usr/local/lib/libmblock-qa.dylib  -Wl,-single_module
ld: Undefined symbols:
__ZN9omni_time4timeERKS_ referenced from libmblock expected to be
defined in libgromnithread
__ZN9omni_timeC1Ed referenced from libmblock expected to be defined in
libgromnithread
__ZplRK9omni_timeS1_ referenced from libmblock expected to be defined
in libgromnithread
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[5]: *** [libmblock-qa.la] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Michael D. (Guest)
On Oct 8, 2008, at 3:51 PM, Jason U. wrote:
> __ZN9omni_time4timeERKS_ referenced from libmblock expected to be
> defined in libgromnithread
> __ZN9omni_timeC1Ed referenced from libmblock expected to be defined in
> libgromnithread
> __ZplRK9omni_timeS1_ referenced from libmblock expected to be defined
> in libgromnithread

Jason - It looks like lobgromnithread.dylib is corrupted; symbols that
should be there aren't.  Since you're on an Intel-Mac, rebuilding GR
from scratch is pretty quick.  That said, you might be able to get
away with just rebuilding that library.  Hence I'd recommend doing the
following from your GR build directory (if you're doing ./configure,
then it's also the top-level SVN directory):

cd omnithread
make clean
cd ..
make

If that doesn't work, then:

make distclean

then re-do the bootstrap, configure, and so forth & hope that works.
If that fails, email me off list & I can provide some assistance. - MLD