Forum: Ruby on Rails Weird Deprecation Warning

Glen (Guest)
I am getting the following message in my development.log after
installing mongrel_service, installing the service and starting the
service.

DEPRECATION WARNING: config.action_view.cache_template_extensions
option has been deprecated and has no affect. Please remove it from
your config files.  See http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation for
details. (called from send at C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/
rails-2.1.0/lib/initializer.rb:455)

After checking http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation I am still
searching for illumination.

the mongrel_service gem did upgrade mongrel to 1.1.5
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Oct 8, 8:44 pm, Glen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I am getting the following message in my development.log after
> installing mongrel_service, installing the service and starting the
> service.
>
> DEPRECATION WARNING: config.action_view.cache_template_extensions
> option has been deprecated and has no affect. Please remove it from
> your config files.  Seehttp://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecationfor
> details. (called from send at C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/
> rails-2.1.0/lib/initializer.rb:455)

The bit about http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation is  a generic
message and possibly not relevant. Other than that it should be pretty
clear: that setting no longer has any effect so you might as well just
remove it.

Fred
Glen (Guest)
On Oct 8, 2:08 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> > rails-2.1.0/lib/initializer.rb:455)
>
> The bit abouthttp://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecationis  a generic
> message and possibly not relevant. Other than that it should be pretty
> clear: that setting no longer has any effect so you might as well just
> remove it.
>
> Fred

That's all well and good but I'm not sure what is responsible.  Line
455 in inilializer.rb doesn't actually call that it calls a value
passed to it from somewhere else.  I was kind of hoping I wouldn't
have to trace it by hand.
Frederick C. (Guest)
Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Oct 2008, at 21:19, Glen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>>> option has been deprecated and has no affect. Please remove it from
>>
>> Fred
>>

> That's all well and good but I'm not sure what is responsible.  Line
> 455 in inilializer.rb doesn't actually call that it calls a value
> passed to it from somewhere else.  I was kind of hoping I wouldn't
> have to trace it by hand.

Just look for cache_template_extensions in the files in config

Fred
Glen (Guest)
On Oct 8, 2:28 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> >> On Oct 8, 8:44 pm, Glen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> > 455 in inilializer.rb doesn't actually call that it calls a value

Thanks Fred,

I realize it was only a deprecation warning but I was hoping it was
what was causing mongrel_service to not work.  Back to the drawing
board I guess.

-Glen