Forum: Ruby on Rails Getting value from time_select

Paul B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-08 18:32
When I try to get the value of a time_select into a flash[:notice], just
to check it, I get nil. What ever I try I can't deal with it. It goes
into the db alright as mysql time, so that's fine (e.g. 10:00:00).

Could someone explain what type the params is coming from a time_select?
Is it a time object or string or what?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 8 Oct 2008, at 15:32, Pål Bergström wrote:

> When I try to get the value of a time_select into a flash[:notice],
> just
> to check it, I get nil. What ever I try I can't deal with it. It goes
> into the db alright as mysql time, so that's fine (e.g. 10:00:00).
>
> Could someone explain what type the params is coming from a
> time_select?
> Is it a time object or string or what?

Neither. it's a set of three (two if you don't have seconds)
parameters called stuff like start(1i), start(2i). Peek at your logs
to see exactly what the parameters are.

Fred
Paul B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-08 19:04
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2008, at 15:32, P�l Bergstr�m wrote:
>

>> When I try to get the value of a time_select into a flash[:notice],
>> just
>> to check it, I get nil. What ever I try I can't deal with it. It goes
>> into the db alright as mysql time, so that's fine (e.g. 10:00:00).
>>
>> Could someone explain what type the params is coming from a
>> time_select?
>> Is it a time object or string or what?
>
> Neither. it's a set of three (two if you don't have seconds)
> parameters called stuff like start(1i), start(2i). Peek at your logs
> to see exactly what the parameters are.
>
> Fred

Yes I saw that. But when I try params[:calendar][:start_time](4i) it
doesn't work.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 8 Oct 2008, at 16:04, Pål Bergström wrote:

> Yes I saw that. But when I try params[:calendar][:start_time](4i) it
> doesn't work.

params[:calendar][:'start_time(4i)']

Fred
Paul B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-08 19:35
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2008, at 16:04, Pål Bergström wrote:
>

>> Yes I saw that. But when I try params[:calendar][:start_time](4i) it
>> doesn't work.
>
> params[:calendar][:'start_time(4i)']
>
> Fred

Works. Thanks :-)