Forum: Ruby on Rails use of custom routings

Sniper A. (Guest)
on 2008-10-08 17:56
what is the main use of
1)map.resources
2)nested resources
3)if we use only
  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'
in routes.rb ,then what is the drawback of that ?

can any one  ?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 8 Oct 2008, at 14:56, Pokkai D. wrote:

> what is the main use of
> 1)map.resources
> 2)nested resources
> 3)if we use only
>  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
>  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'
> in routes.rb ,then what is the drawback of that ?

http://guides.rails.info/routing/routing_outside_i...
Sniper A. (Guest)
on 2008-10-13 09:02
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2008, at 14:56, Pokkai D. wrote:

http://guides.rails.info/routing/routing_outside_i...

nice explaination
thanks Cheung.
Sniper A. (Guest)
on 2008-10-13 09:20
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2008, at 14:56, Pokkai D. wrote:
>

>> what is the main use of

http://guides.rails.info/routing/routing_outside_i...

i have confused a little about perfomance issue while using nested
routing
if i create a nested routes like this
map.resources :countries do |country|
  country.resources :states do |state|
    state.resources :cities do |city|
      city.resources :streets, :has_many =>:wards
will it affect performance ?
because these routes are looking like a nested loop