Forum: Rails Engines How to install community engine on windows?

Saurabh R. (Guest)
on 2008-10-08 13:32
Hi

Can any body please tell me how can i install community engine on
windows XP OS as i downloaded it from http://git.or.cz/.But the commands
which is mention on http://sites.google.com/a/curbly.com/co … ocial-site
doesn't work out on my command prompt.The command doesn't work out
"script/plugin install git://github.com/lazyatom/engines.git" as it
unable to install this plugin.

  Please help me out how i do so on windows OS.

Thanks

Saurabh
Mario G. (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 18:15
Saurabh Ray wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can any body please tell me how can i install community engine on
> windows XP OS as i downloaded it from http://git.or.cz/.But the commands
> which is mention on http://sites.google.com/a/curbly.com/co … ocial-site
> doesn't work out on my command prompt.The command doesn't work out
> "script/plugin install git://github.com/lazyatom/engines.git" as it
> unable to install this plugin.
>
>   Please help me out how i do so on windows OS.
>

> Thanks
>
> Saurabh

Which Ruby set are you using? Cygwin, InstantRails, Ruby on Windows? You
will need to use Cygwin which has git support if you installed it. With
that said I was able to install, but the tests failed. So, I gave up.

Your best bet is to run Ubuntu in VirtualBox if you want to develop
against CommunityEngine on your Windows box.