Forum: RSpec can I get more details in the "rake spec" output (e.g. for eql fail, what was the actual value that

Greg H. (Guest)
Can I get more details in the "rake spec" output (e.g. for eql fail,
what
was the actual value that was returned)??? Another example might be what
the
exception actually is in a case the "should not raise exception"
fails...

Regards
Greg
Pat M. (Guest)
What are you currently seeing?  afaik, you should currently see all the
dots and a few F's when specs fail, and then after that you'll see
detailed failure messages including backtraces.

Pat

"Greg H." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:
Greg H. (Guest)
here's some examples:

'Recurring.add_projections: weekly & non-reconcile & starting in past
should
update balances appropriately' FAILED
expected 1001, got #<BigDecimal:22a68d4,'0.1E4',4(12)> (using .eql?)
./spec/models/recurring_spec.rb:140:
==> Oh, actually seems to work but gives the figure in Engineering
notation
- I wonder if there's a way to improve the readability here?

'Recurring.add projections (perform credit card payment) should
calculate
amount based on offset provided' FAILED
expected no Exception, got #<RuntimeError: It should display this
exception>
==> Actually does show exception name, but doesn't give a back trace?
Is
there a way to see the back trace if required?

tks
Nick H. (Guest)
On 2008-10-07, at 00:25, Greg H. wrote:
> 'Recurring.add projections (perform credit card payment) should
> calculate amount based on offset provided' FAILED
> expected no Exception, got #<RuntimeError: It should display this
> exception>
> ==> Actually does show exception name, but doesn't give a back
> trace?  Is there a way to see the back trace if required?

Hi Greg. ``rake spec'' accepts --trace .

Cheers,
Nick