Forum: Ruby on Rails textilize with --- (3 dashes) removes text

jan (Guest)

using --- (3 dashes) at the end of a string that is textilized,
results in a single hr tag without any text. This seems weird to me.
Am I overlooking something?

>> av = ActionView::Base.new
>> av.textilize("sometext ---")
=> "<hr />"

Cheers,
Jan
Robby R. (Guest)
What vesion of RedCloth do you have installed?

I get the following...

>> x = RedCloth.new( 'foobar ---' )
=> "foobar ---"

--
Robby R.
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
jan (Guest)

thanks for your reply.

I have RedCloth 4.0.4 installed. However, it was using an old version
that is for some reason in the ruby 1.8 folder.
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/redcloth.rb that includes 3.0.99.0.svn.20060519!

I removed the file redcloth.rb and now it works. But removing the file
does not seem a very clean solution. If you have any suggestion about
this, that would be great.

Thanks and Cheers,
Jan