Forum: Ruby namecase 1.1.0 Released

Aaron P. (Guest)
namecase version 1.1.0 has been released!

* <http://namecase.rubyforge.org/>

NameCase is a Ruby implementation of Lingua::EN::NameCase, a library for
converting strings to be properly cased. This is good for converting
denormalized data to human friendly data.

* Example Usage

  NameCase("RON BURGUNDY")  # => Ron Burgundy
  NameCase("MCDONALDS")     # => McDonalds

* Acknowledgements

This library is a port of the Perl library, and owes most of its
functionality
to the Perl version by Mark Summerfield. Any bugs in the Ruby port are
my
fault.

* Author

Original Version:
Copyright (c) Mark Summerfield 1998-2002.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
All Rights Reserved

Ruby Version:
Copyright (c) Aaron P. 2006

* License

NameCase is distributed under the GPL license.  Please see the LICENSE
file.

Changes:

* <http://namecase.rubyforge.org/>
James M. (Guest)
On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Aaron P.
> namecase version 1.1.0 has been released!
>
> * <http://namecase.rubyforge.org/>
>
> NameCase is a Ruby implementation of Lingua::EN::NameCase, a library for
> converting strings to be properly cased. This is good for converting
> denormalized data to human friendly data.

Be aware that this is something you'll need to internationalize -
rules for casing are language-and-culture specific.  Seamus Ó hAirt,
for example, not Seamus Ó Hairt.
Aaron P. (Guest)
On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:22:39AM +0900, James M. wrote:
> Be aware that this is something you'll need to internationalize -
> rules for casing are language-and-culture specific.  Seamus Ó hAirt,
> for example, not Seamus Ó Hairt.

I gladly accept patches.  :-)