Forum: Ruby on Rails redirect to another controller / action form a controller

andres (Guest)

When Inside a controller, instead of rendering,
is there any way to generate a dispatch to another action in another
controller that is interpreted by the receiver controller as a
javascript request?
Phlip (Guest)
andres wrote:

> When Inside a controller, instead of rendering,
> is there any way to generate a dispatch to another action in another
> controller that is interpreted by the receiver controller

Ya:

   redirect_to :controller => 'nother', :action => 'yo'

 > as a javascript request?

Why? The above happens almost entirely on the server side.
Titan (Guest)
Will redirect_to get the job done?