Forum: JRuby re[jruby-user] quire tk

ggumas (Guest)
when using
require 'rubygems'
require 'tk'
in a jruby script
I get  the error message
require': no such file to load -- tk (LoadError)

How can I resolve this error?
George

ggumas wrote:
> when using
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'tk'
> in a jruby script
> I get  the error message
> require': no such file to load -- tk (LoadError)

Unfortunately we have no support for tk, since it's a fairly large
native extension to the C implementation of Ruby. It could probably be
implemented using FFI, but nobody has started on that work.

Your best bet for a GUI library in JRuby would probably be to use Swing
(or SWT) and one of the many frameworks that have sprung up around them.
There's articles on the wiki about them at http://wiki.jruby.org.

- Charlie