Forum: Ruby on Rails Newbie Question - Ruby terminal emulator for windows

WholeSum (Guest)
I am new to ruby and rails, and am using the windows "cmd" terminal
emulator.
It is all black and white. I like the colored terminal I see in peepcode
videos and the like.

Are there any terminal emulators for vista that will give me those type
of
colored results?

Alternatively, and preferably, is there a terminal emulator for RadRails
yet?  After 2 hours of searching, I have learned a ton of stuff, but
don't
have a good windows terminal emulator yet.

Help!

Mark
I'd like to know the answer to this myself, but until you get an
authoritative answer--have you tried the cygwin bash prompt?  That
probably responds to the ANSI color escapes that you need to do color
right (tho I confess a quick 'script/console' on my XP machine here did
not make w/the colors :(

I believe ms' powershell has facilities for coloring output, but doesn't
(shocker!) use the ANSI escapes...

HTH,

-Roy