Forum: Ruby on Rails Using text_field_with_auto_complete with afterUpdateElement

Peter J. (Guest)
on 2008-10-04 00:52
Hello everybody!

I'm fairly new to RoR (Rails ver 1.2.6) but have managed to get the
'text_field_with_auto_complete' working alright in my application.

Next step is to be able to synchronize 2 (or more)
'text_field_with_auto_complete' fields so that the users selection in
the first field immediately affects the available choices of the next
(and so on).

So far I have figured out that 'afterUpdateElement' must be the right
way to go but can't really find out how to do it right...

Can anybody help on this - preferably with an example?

Regards!
Juan M. (Guest)
on 2008-10-04 01:07
Peter Jeppesen wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I'm fairly new to RoR (Rails ver 1.2.6) but have managed to get the
> 'text_field_with_auto_complete' working alright in my application.

Hello Peter!!!

Sorry to bother you!!! But I have a question how did you do to make the
auto_complete work, I’m trying to do it but nothing happened, look my
post http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/167142#new . Peter if you can give
an example I’ll appreciate. Thank you!!!