Forum: Ruby on Rails rake freeze_gems cross platform friendly?

snacktime (Guest)
It looks like /vendor/rails made from a rake freeze_gems on linux
doesn't won't work on windows.  It throws a bunch of errors about
include files when running script/server.  Is this as i should be, or
would it be a bug?

Chris
snacktime (Guest)
On 11/24/05, snacktime <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> It looks like /vendor/rails made from a rake freeze_gems on linux
> doesn't won't work on windows.  It throws a bunch of errors about
> include files when running script/server.  Is this as i should be, or
> would it be a bug?

Also, trying to run rake freeze_gems on windows gives an error also.
Any idea what could cause this?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\pbxmanager>rake freeze_gems
(in C:/pbxmanager)
rm -rf vendor/rails
mkdir -p vendor/rails
Freezing to your latest Rails gems
rake aborted!
undefined method `to_str' for nil:NilClass

C:\pbxmanager>