Forum: Ruby on Rails interactive debugging with eclipse and RDT plugin

gerryrmail-news (Guest)
In other enviroments (java for example),I have been able to debug by
running the entire app server through the IDE.

So I tried running the server script in Eclipse/RDT but am presented
with this exception.

<DRbServerNotFound>

Any idea why I am getting this exception and what I might do do get it
(debugging) to work>

Thanks,

gerry rodman
Stuart J. (Guest)
on 2005-11-24 13:33
gerryrmail-news wrote:

> So I tried running the server script in Eclipse/RDT but am presented
> with this exception.
>
> <DRbServerNotFound>
>
> Any idea why I am getting this exception and what I might do do get it
> (debugging) to work>

Hi Gerry,

I don't know why that exception's thrown - but there are a whole load of
non-fatal exceptions that are thrown (at least running from within
Eclipse) that you can safely continue past to get to your actual
breakpoints.  Still, annoying!

This is a known issue with the RDT plugin, and it seems a fix (to
disable breaks on exceptions) is on the way:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1...

hope this helps

Stuart