Forum: Ruby on Rails Apache SCGI on Windows XP successful

peter.fitzgibbons (Guest)
Hello All,

Thanks to Curt, Zed, and Jin
jeremy (Guest)
Just out of curiosity, can IIS speak SCGI, even with a 3rd party lib?
[Relatively] simple and reliable Rails on IIS might be attractive to
people who want to try Rails on Windows without fcgi + apache + cygwin.

On Nov 23, 2005, at 12:16 PM, Peter F. wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Thanks to Curt, Zed, and Jin
>
> --
> Peter F.

/******************************************************
  * Jeremy Voorhis, Lead Architect
  * PLANET ARGON, Rails Development, Consulting & Hosting
  * Portland, Oregon  | p: 503.351.4730 | f: 815.642.4068
  * www.planetargon.com | www.jvoorhis.com
  * Refactoring Rails   | www.refactoringrails.com
Maybe, but I have no idea how.  The FastCGI binding has something to do
with
file extensions?

See Ruby For IIS
Instructions<http://rubyforiis.sosukodo.org/rubyforiis/document...
jeremy (Guest)
Right I've seen that before, but I just can't feel comfortable with
that fcgi + IIS configuration - would be nice to have something
simpler, like starting an scgi runner and letting it speak to IIS via
scgi. Would be interested if anyone figured it out :)

/******************************************************
  * Jeremy Voorhis, Lead Architect
  * PLANET ARGON, Rails Development, Consulting & Hosting
  * Portland, Oregon  | p: 503.351.4730 | f: 815.642.4068
  * www.planetargon.com | www.jvoorhis.com
  * Refactoring Rails   | www.refactoringrails.com
I have been trying, without success, to get IIS + scgi to work. I
thought it
would as simple as replacing fcgi with scgi and including everything
else
the same with the rewrite filters. It's been on the backburner this week
but
I'll pick up where I left off next week and if I get any results, I'll
let
everyone know.

- Jin