Forum: Ruby Re: Is there shape drawing tool (like PHP) in Ruby? I don't

sskim.box (Guest)
It was a great information that it is possible to use SVG in Ruby.
Thanks for that. :-)

But,,, I don't want to require users to install plug-ins.
And I don't need any vector feature.
What I need is a simple drawing tool.
Isn't there any?
hgs (Guest)
On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Sung Soo K. wrote:

> It was a great information that it is possible to use SVG in Ruby.
> Thanks for that. :-)
>
> But,,, I don't want to require users to install plug-ins.

See which browsers they have, and which support SVG already.
many do now.

> And I don't need any vector feature.
> What I need is a simple drawing tool.

Simple drawing && no vectors?  I don't know.

This any good?

http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/

It's really for web log stats but...
> Isn't there any?

        Hugh
rmagick (Guest)
nohmad (Guest)
On 11/24/05, Sung Soo K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/23/05, Hugh S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > > tools... but I don't want to use PHP...)

Hi,

I don't know what drawing library in PHP are you saying.
In PHP, image* functions[1] are just wrappers for GD library.
Ruby also has several bindings for GD library.

  * gRuby: http://gruby.sourceforge.jp/index.en.html
  * Ruby/GD2: http://rubyurl.com/yNW
  * ruby-gd: http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-gd/

BTW, I think ImageMagick has more powerful features than GD.
See rmagick: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/

More graphics libraries can be found on RAA:
http://rubyurl.com/YNK

[1]: http://kr2.php.net/gd