Forum: Ruby Updating header in file.

Jeffrey B. (Guest)
I have a text file where the first line is the header
being used by CSV.  The second line to the end is data
for each header.  How can I append the header?  The
program I'm writing looks new entries in a data file
and wants to add it to the end of the header.  I've
looked though CSV, file and IO and I don't see what I
need.

Thanks Jeff

> Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it
on us.http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

Jeff,

Can you please clarify and post an example of what you mean? Append
the header to what?

Matt W.
Jeffrey B. (Guest)
end of header = status#1, status#2, status#3
data line = 100, 60, --- 55

new header end = status#1, status#2, status#3,
status#4
data line = 100, 60, 55
new data line = 100, 60, 55, 10

Jeff

--- Matt W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > and wants to add it to the end of the header.
> I've
> > looked though CSV, file and IO and I don't see
> what I
> > need.
> >
> > Thanks Jeff

> > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.
>  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on

us.http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

> end of header = status#1, status#2, status#3
> data line = 100, 60, --- 55
>
> new header end = status#1, status#2, status#3,
> status#4
> data line = 100, 60, 55
> new data line = 100, 60, 55, 10

Is that actually how your data is structured? It's not clear from the
example.