Forum: Ruby on Rails How to install TCLink on OS X? ruby-devel package?

Elliott B. (Guest)
on 2007-08-02 18:41
Hello,

I'm trying to install TCLink library from
www.trustcommerce.com/tclink.html as indicated in the ActiveMerchant
documentation (http://activemerchant.rubyforge.org/).

The README  for TCLink v3.4.4 says:

  "Besides the normal Ruby install, you'll need the ruby-devel package,
which contains files needed for building Ruby extensions."

Does anyone know what this means?  Am I supposed to install a new ruby
package called 'ruby-devel'?  This is what I think it means.  If so, I
don't know how to do this.

I'm on OS X.  If anyone has something helpful, I'd appreciate it.
Jeff E. (Guest)
you might have it already... did you try the install?

On Aug 2, 10:41 am, Elliott B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Elliott B. (Guest)
on 2007-08-03 18:21
Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I think you're right.   I did finally find
out out do accomplish my objective, and I'll leave the solution here for
posterity.

To make TCLink available to rails, you need to:

1. download the tclink library from www.trustcommerce.com/tclink.html
2. unzip
3. cd tclink-3.4.4-ruby
4. ./build.sh
5.  ruby tctest.rb (just to make sure it works)
6. the build process will create a file called 'tclink.bundle'.  copy
this file to the /lib directory of your project root.   You will have to
repeat the process on your on your production machine if it differs from
your development machine.
7. restart, and it should just work

Peace on,
EB
Cody F. (Guest)
We've updated ActiveMerchant to fall back to SSL POST when the TCLink
library isn't available. If the TCLink library is available then the
gateway will use it automatically.

On 8/3/07, Elliott B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> 2. unzip
> EB