Forum: GNU Radio GnuRadio 3.0.4 newbie install question

Li, W David (Guest)

I am new to this. Here is my setup:

OS: Fedora Core 6
Platform:  x86 64 bit.
Gnuradio: 3.0.4

So far I have passed ./configure, make and make check. But I failed at
make install for some weird stuff:

mv: cannot move 'libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0'  to
'libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0U': permission denied.

The above was when I was "root". But I found I could only manually do
the above NOT as "root".  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

David
Chris Albertson (Guest)
> mv: cannot move 'libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0'  to
> 'libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0U': permission denied.
>
> The above was when I was "root". But I found I could only manually do
> the above NOT as "root".  Any ideas?

What are the ownership and permissions on the file and directory?

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
  Office: 310-336-5189  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
  KG6OMK

It still doesn't work after I did chmod 777 on the file:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 wdli users  1858695 Aug  1 17:20
libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0

David
Johnathan C. (Guest)
Li, W David wrote:

> It still doesn't work after I did chmod 777 on the file:
>
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 wdli users  1858695 Aug  1 17:20
> libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0

What are the permissions on the directory?

$ ls -ld .

--
Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC

> It still doesn't work after I did chmod 777 on the file:
>
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 wdli users  1858695 Aug  1 17:20
> libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0

777 on the  _file_ will not help at all if you are trying
to delete it.  For that you need to write to the _directory_
that contains the file.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
  Office: 310-336-5189  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
  KG6OMK

> It still doesn't work after I did chmod 777 on the file:
>
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 wdli users  1858695 Aug  1 17:20
> libgnuradio-core-qa.so.0.0.0

777 on the  _file_ will not help at all if you are trying
to delete it.  For that you need to write to the _directory_
that contains the file.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
  Office: 310-336-5189  removed_email_address@domain.invalid