Forum: Ruby Ruby Association launched

Leonard C. (Guest)
Last friday, matz and NaCl launched the Ruby Association, "an
organization to help development of the programming language Ruby."

http://www.ruby-assn.org/

There was an announcement posted by Shugo M. on the Japanese lists
yesterday (see [ruby-dev:31330]). It sounds like it is closer to a
Ruby Central for Japan than a Ruby version of the Python Software
Foundation, so perhaps this news won't have much of an impact outside
of Japan.
John J. (Guest)
On Aug 1, 2007, at 8:24 PM, Leonard C. wrote:

Looks like they formed a group to get Ruby taken more seriously in
Japan as well as to potentially get Japanese government support for
improving and spreading Ruby.
The impact would be real, inside and outside of Japan.
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
John J. wrote:
> Looks like they formed a group to get Ruby taken more seriously in Japan
> as well as to potentially get Japanese government support for improving
> and spreading Ruby.

They could start with Toyota, who unfortunately (for me and for them)
are using Python....