Forum: Ruby problems with archive-tar-external

Bram Kuijper (Guest)
Hi all,

as a ruby newbie I am trying to build a small script using Daniel
Berger's archive-tar-external package:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/shards/

so I try to repeat the following example from the docs:
http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/518/archi...

#!/usr/bin/env ruby -w
require 'rubygems'
require 'archive/tar_external'
Include Archive

however, ruby will give the following error:

tarfiles.rb:8: undefined method `Include' for main:Object
(NoMethodError)

does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

thanks,
Bram
Dan Z. (Guest)
Bram Kuijper wrote: