Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Antialiasing lines, Gdk::Drawable

Conan R. (Guest)
on 2007-07-31 03:20
Anybody have any tips on if antialiasing lines is possible in with Gtk?
I've got a boat load of lines I draw on a Gdk:Drawable that would look
very pretty antialiased on a white background.
Peter J. (Guest)
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:20:29AM +0200, Conan R. wrote:
> Anybody have any tips on if antialiasing lines is possible in with Gtk?
> I've got a boat load of lines I draw on a Gdk:Drawable that would look
> very pretty antialiased on a white background.

I would suggest you look at using Cairo (http://www.cairographics.org/)
via rcairo to do this. You can get a cairo context by doing
drawable.create_cairo_context, and go from there.

-pete

Conan R. (Guest)
on 2007-07-31 21:11
That looks cool, but I don't need antialiased lines enough to add
another library.

Oh well.

Peter J. wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:20:29AM +0200, Conan R. wrote:
>> Anybody have any tips on if antialiasing lines is possible in with Gtk?
>> I've got a boat load of lines I draw on a Gdk:Drawable that would look
>> very pretty antialiased on a white background.
>
> I would suggest you look at using Cairo (http://www.cairographics.org/)
> via rcairo to do this. You can get a cairo context by doing
> drawable.create_cairo_context, and go from there.
>
> -pete

Gdk itself doesn't support antialiasing. Cairo it the only option.