Forum: GNU Radio hierblock2

Dominik A. (Guest)
Hello,

Currently, I am cleaning up my receiver's code. Therefore I thought
using
the new style hierarchical blocks.

With the old blocks, there were these "kludge copy" blocks at the input
of
an hierarchical block in the case that the input stream was spreaded
among
several blocks in the inside. I saw this workaround in your examples
with a
note that it will be obsolete when the new blocks are implemented.

This does not seem to work. I still need an input block as "kludge
copy".
Actually, I do not know if you already completed the work on the new
blocks.
So, is it a feature or a bug?

Thanks
Dominik
Johnathan C. (Guest)
Dominik A. wrote:

> With the old blocks, there were these "kludge copy" blocks at the
> input of an hierarchical block in the case that the input stream was
> spreaded among several blocks in the inside. I saw this workaround in
> your examples with a note that it will be obsolete when the new
> blocks are implemented.
>
> This does not seem to work. I still need an input block as "kludge
> copy". Actually, I do not know if you already completed the work on
> the new blocks. So, is it a feature or a bug?

It's not clear from your post what isn't working.

With the new style hierarchical blocks, you create a block and give it
an io_signature indicating that it takes multiple inputs.

>From inside the the block, you create your internal flowgraph with calls
to self.connect() between your internally defined blocks.

Then, you wire your externally visible inputs to the "real" inputs by
calling self.connect(self, ...) for each input.

The hierarchical block code is complete and in the trunk, with a number
of examples using in the gnuradio-examples/python/hier/... directory.

As we're inching toward a 3.1 release, we'll be porting all the
remaining gnuradio-examples to the new flowgraph code.

--
Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC