Forum: Ruby Shut up, RDoc!

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Trans (Guest)
on 2007-07-28 17:24
(Received via mailing list)
Can someone please tell me how shut RDoc up. Every time I run it I
get:

  lib/facets.rb:49:29: Skipping require of dynamic string: "facets/
#{lib}"

I've tried everything I can think of to suppress this output.

Thanks,
T.
Gregory B. (Guest)
on 2007-07-28 19:45
(Received via mailing list)
On 7/28/07, Trans <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how shut RDoc up. Every time I run it I
> get:
>
>   lib/facets.rb:49:29: Skipping require of dynamic string: "facets/
> #{lib}"
>
> I've tried everything I can think of to suppress this output.

have you tried:

require "facets/some_lib"
require "facets/another_lib"
...

You can also of course build up that string and then eval it, but that
seems particularly nasty.  IIRC, this was eventually fixed in newer
versions of ruby, but I may be mistaken.
Trans (Guest)
on 2007-07-28 20:44
(Received via mailing list)
On Jul 28, 8:44 am, "Gregory B." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> have you tried:
>
> require "facets/some_lib"
> require "facets/another_lib"
> ...

Sigh. Yea, guess I will have to.

Thanks,
T.
Michael F. (Guest)
on 2007-07-28 22:56
(Received via mailing list)
> > require "facets/some_lib"
> > require "facets/another_lib"
> > ...
>
> Sigh. Yea, guess I will have to.

You can also do:
%w[foo bar].each{|l| require("facets/" + l)}
That will restore your peace :)
Trans (Guest)
on 2007-07-29 00:05
(Received via mailing list)
On Jul 28, 11:55 am, "Michael F." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> > > require "facets/some_lib"
> > > require "facets/another_lib"
> > > ...
>
> > Sigh. Yea, guess I will have to.
>
> You can also do:
> %w[foo bar].each{|l| require("facets/" + l)}
> That will restore your peace :)

Ah... putting it all on one line. Good thinking!

Thanks, Michael!
T.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.