Forum: Ruby on Rails SMS Gateway .... for Rails app? (a bit OOT)

Hendy I. (Guest)
I'm simply looking for a SMS gateway... The ones like what Twitter
uses...

The intended audience would be globally.

Some of you would have used them and I'd really appreciate if you could
share your experience.

I've Googled and the problem isn't that there is none, the problem is
that there are simply too many. Almost like looking for a webhosting. So
human :) testimonials would be very helpful here.

Any resources/links/pointers will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

--
Hendy I.
www.hendyirawan.com
On Jul 27, 2007, at 11:05 PM, Hendy I. wrote:

> that there are simply too many. Almost like looking for a
> webhosting. So
> human :) testimonials would be very helpful here.
>
> Any resources/links/pointers will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Hello there.

Take a look at http://quios.com

I built some of the technology in use there, and they're a nice bunch
of folks.

--
-- Tom M., CTO
-- Engine Y., Ruby on Rails Hosting
Tom M. wrote:
>> share your experience.
> Hello there.
>
> Take a look at http://quios.com
>
> I built some of the technology in use there, and they're a nice bunch
> of folks.

Thank you so much Tom. I'll look into it.

If other people are interested, http://www.smsforum.net is a good
starting point.

I'm a newbie in this land and I'd tell that the situation is much more
confusing than I thought. Like I said, almost like choosing a webhosting
;-)
It's hard to name a single best company on this land like we usually do
for Google on searching :)

(An even more OOT message I hope you guys don't mind is I've heard lots
of positive testimonials from my friends about Tom's Engine Y.... +1
for his team :-)

--
Hendy I.
www.hendyirawan.com