Forum: Ruby How to generated integrated (core+stdlib+otherlib) documenta

Kenneth McDonald (Guest)
Is it possible to set up and run rdoc in such a manner that core api
documentation, standard library documentation, and documentation for
other installed libraries, is all generated and installed on my system
as an integrated whole? Not in separate units?

Thanks,
Ken
Gavin S. (Guest)
On Jul 28, 1:29 pm, Kenneth McDonald
> Is it possible to set up and run rdoc in such a manner that core api
> documentation, standard library documentation, and documentation for
> other installed libraries, is all generated and installed on my system
> as an integrated whole? Not in separate units?

AFAIK, the answer is no.

You could presumably run one rdoc command that lists all the
directories you want to source.  That would get all the classes and
files mashed up into one blob, which wouldn't appeal to me.

What you want is worthwhile, but would need a dedicated project, I
think.  The result should have a table of contents, like
http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib.
The code behind that, "stdlib-doc" (on Rubyforge) could be a starting
point.

In an ideal (to me) system, the resulting webpage would have three
tables of contents: core, stdlib and other.

Cheers,
Gavin