Forum: Ferret AAF index updated when record is deleted?

Izit I. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 16:18
Got it all running nicely now for a few days but noticed something
funny. I have a table were lots of records get added, deleted every day.
I can see the added records being added by AAF to the index but I
notices some "ghost" results when doing searches. The search returns
record ID-s that do not exist anymore because they were deleted.

Does AAF also remove entries from the index when records are deleted in
the model ?

regards
Jens K. (Guest)
On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 02:18:18PM +0200, Izit I. wrote:
> Got it all running nicely now for a few days but noticed something
> funny. I have a table were lots of records get added, deleted every day.
> I can see the added records being added by AAF to the index but I
> notices some "ghost" results when doing searches. The search returns
> record ID-s that do not exist anymore because they were deleted.
>
> Does AAF also remove entries from the index when records are deleted in
> the model ?

That depends :-)
If you call record.destroy, aaf will notice, if you use record.delete,
it won't (as
no callbacks are called in this case).

cheers,
Jens