Forum: GNU Radio Undefined symbol _Z20gr_make_io_signatureiii

Hsin-mu Tsai (Guest)

I am trying to run example scripts under
gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital. All of them failed with
similar error rmessages like the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./benchmark_tx.py", line 32, in ?
    from transmit_path import transmit_path
  File
"/home/hsinmut/src/gnuradio-3.0.3/gnuradio-examples/python/digital/transmit_path.py",
line 22, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gru, blks
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/blks/__init__.py",
line 37, in ?
    exec "from gnuradio.blksimpl.%s import *" % (f,)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/blksimpl/cvsd.py",
line 24, in ?
    from gnuradio.vocoder import cvsd_vocoder
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/vocoder/cvsd_vocoder.py",
line 6, in ?
    import _cvsd_vocoder
ImportError:
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/vocoder/_cvsd_vocoder.so:
undefined symbol: _Z20gr_make_io_signatureiii

However, I was able to run usrp_fft.py, and other scripts in usrp
directory. I'm using gnuradio 3.0.3 release and Fedora Core 6.

I saw similar messages in the mail list a while ago, but it seems that
nobody came up with any idea to fix this problem. What's the cause of
this problem?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Michael

--
Hsin-Mu (Michael) Tsai
Ph.D. Student
On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:28:21PM -0400, Hsin-mu Tsai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run example scripts under
> gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital. All of them failed with
> similar error rmessages like the following:

Michael,

I believe you have a partial install from some version of svn and then
tried to install 3.0.3 over the top of that.

Do this:

  $ rm -fr /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio

then reinstall 3.0.3.  If you've already got 3.0.3 built, "make install"
should do the trick.

Eric