Forum: Ruby on Rails Webmail Apps in RoR

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Richard H. (Guest)
on 2007-07-26 22:29
(Received via mailing list)
Recently started looking for a webmail client written using ruby and
rails.
Have not had much luck with google.  Only one that shows up thus far has
been mailr but that site has a python error on it.

Does anyone here know of one or shall I just bite the bullet and build
one?

--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System A.
Philip H. (Guest)
on 2007-07-26 23:04
(Received via mailing list)
> Recently started looking for a webmail client written using ruby and rails.
> Have not had much luck with google.  Only one that shows up thus far has
> been mailr but that site has a python error on it.
>
> Does anyone here know of one or shall I just bite the bullet and build one?

It's not Rails, but unless you want to build one, take a look at
roundcube.  Pretty slick app.
Jordan E. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 01:01
(Received via mailing list)
Probably not exactly what you want, but Joyent Connector has been open
sourced and it includes a mail client. Might be worth a look.

http://joyeur.com/2007/07/17/joyent-connector-free-open

Cheers,
Jord
seth b. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 02:04
(Received via mailing list)
+1 for roundcube - although I've just been thinking about switching to
google mail for my domain.

Might be something you want to look into.

On 7/26/07, Philip H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> It's not Rails, but unless you want to build one, take a look at
> roundcube.  Pretty slick app.
>
> >
>


--
--------------------
seth at subimage interactive
-----
http://sublog.subimage.com
-----
Cashboard - Estimates, invoices, and time tracking software - for free!
http://www.getcashboard.com
-----
Substruct - Open source RoR e-commerce software.
http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct
Richard H. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 03:08
(Received via mailing list)
Already tried pitching Google.  Was denied quite quickly saying it was
not
an option.  Don't really know why though.

Richard

On 7/26/07, subimage interactive <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > rails.
> >
> > -----
> > http://sublog.subimage.com
> > -----
> > Cashboard - Estimates, invoices, and time tracking software - for free!
> > http://www.getcashboard.com
> > -----
> > Substruct - Open source RoR e-commerce software.
> > http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct
> > > >
> >


--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System A.
Richard H. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 03:08
(Received via mailing list)
Ill look into that.  Thanks.

Richard

On 7/26/07, Jordan E. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> >
>


--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System A.
Michael W. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 05:13
(Received via mailing list)
Richard H. wrote:
> Already tried pitching Google.  Was denied quite quickly saying it was not
> an option.  Don't really know why though.

Perhaps they didn't like the idea of having your email stored on a 3rd
party site.


--
Michael W.
Richard H. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 11:41
(Received via mailing list)
1st, its not my email.  2nd, its going on a third party site
regardless...just one we have a little more control over me thinks.

Richard

On 7/26/07, Michael W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> --
> Michael W.
>
> >
>


--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System A.
Luben M. (Guest)
on 2007-07-28 19:32
Hi Richard,

Richard H. wrote:
> Recently started looking for a webmail client written using ruby and
> rails.
> Have not had much luck with google.  Only one that shows up thus far has
> been mailr but that site has a python error on it.

Mailr is moved to another server until we fix the Trac problems. Please
check again http://mailr.org and if the DNS is not updated yet you can
download the code directly from http://svn.littlegreen.org/mailr/trunk

Best regards,

Luben
Richard H. (Guest)
on 2007-07-29 02:09
(Received via mailing list)
Thanks for the reply.  Ill pass it on to my client.

On 7/28/07, Luben M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Mailr is moved to another server until we fix the Trac problems. Please
>
--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System A.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.