Forum: Ruby Initialization after YAML load?

Larry F. (Guest)
on 2007-07-25 22:46
I'm saving and restoring a large tree structure using YAML. What I've
read is that the Initialize method is not called after loading.

Is there something like a post-load method within YAML that I can
override and is automatically invoked for each object created?

On a slightly related note, I've seen the to_yaml method but I'm looking
for the inverse. I want to save everything unless it's in my not_yaml
list. Does anything like this exist?

Thanks,
Larry F.
Jano S. (Guest)
On 7/25/07, Larry F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Thanks,
> Larry F.

you can use #to_yaml_properties() - return everything except the ones
you don't want to save. Works on a per attribute basis.

J.
Larry F. (Guest)
on 2007-07-26 07:51
Jano S. wrote:
> you can use #to_yaml_properties() - return everything except the ones
> you don't want to save. Works on a per attribute basis.

Thanks Jano,
That did the trick.  As for the postload operations I'm taking a
different route.