Forum: Ruby on Rails sqlite3, migrations, and win32 problem

steve (Guest)
Rails Friends,

I've just discovered that what works on my FreeBSD box is broken on my
Win32 box.  Anyone else seeing this?

     C:\temp\blah>rake migrate
     (in C:/temp/blah)
     rake aborted!
     cannot convert nil into String

This is on a really simple test migration:

     C:\temp\blah>type db\migrate\001_initial_schema.rb
     class InitialSchema < ActiveRecord::Migration
       def self.up
         create_table :test do |t|
           t.column :name, :string

       def self.down

Here's my About:

     C:\temp\blah>ruby script\about
     About your application's environment
     Ruby version                 1.8.2 (i386-mswin32)
     RubyGems version             0.8.10
     Rails version                0.14.3
     Active Record version        1.13.0
     Action Pack version          1.11.0
     Action Web Service version   0.9.3
     Action Mailer version        1.1.3
     Active Support version       1.2.3
     Application root             C:/temp/blah
     Environment                  development
     Database adapter             sqlite3

Any help appreciated.. about to go on the road for Thanksgiving and
would rather use sqlite3 on my woefully inadequate laptop than
(my|pg)sql.

--Steve
steve (Guest)
Stephen W. wrote:

> I've just discovered that what works on my FreeBSD box is broken on my
> Win32 box.  Anyone else seeing this?
>
>     C:\temp\blah>rake migrate
>     (in C:/temp/blah)
>     rake aborted!