Forum: Ruby on Rails PATH Error trying to freeze edge rails

Ronny K. (Guest)
on 2007-07-24 23:44
I would like to try out the restful stuff, but when using a rake task
for freezing edge rails I receive the following message:
ERROR: Must have subversion (svn) available in the PATH to lock this
application to Edge Rails. -- Is this a PATH set up for rake or for
ruby? If so - where to set the Path value?  Or is this the Windows
system environment PATH variable? In that case what does (svn) mean --
the path to svn.exe or to the repository folder?
Ronny K. (Guest)
on 2007-07-25 12:53
Ronny Klaeboe wrote:
> I would like to try out the restful stuff, but when using a rake task
> for freezing edge rails I receive the following message:
> ERROR: Must have subversion (svn) available in the PATH to lock this
> application to Edge Rails. -- Is this a PATH set up for rake or for
> ruby? If so - where to set the Path value?  Or is this the Windows
> system environment PATH variable? In that case what does (svn) mean --
> the path to svn.exe or to the repository folder?

-- Solved: The error was indirectly due to a faulty specification of a
Windows system path variable. Paths that include spaces cause problems,
so I removed the spaces from the folder name. (Enclosing the path name
in quotation marks may also work.)
Adam C. (Guest)
Do you have subversion installed? It looks like rake is trying to
execute svn to checkout the current version of edge, but it can't find
the svn executable (it's not in your path).

Adam
Ronny K. (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 11:12
Adam C. wrote:
> Do you have subversion installed? It looks like rake is trying to
> execute svn to checkout the current version of edge, but it can't find
> the svn executable (it's not in your path).
>
> Adam

Thanks - yes, the failing path was to subversion. /Ronny