Forum: Ruby on Rails Attachment fu on windows

Brian S. (Guest)
I've tried and tried. I couldn't get freeimage installed. I got
mini_magick installed, but everytime I try Mike C.'s tutorial, I
get the error 'Size is not in the list'. I found some people fixed
this by putting a sleep statement in their controller, but this didn't
work for me. Any help out there?
Dave S. (Guest)
Hey - I just ran into this problem last week.  I spent a few hours
trying to resolve it, but was unsuccesful in finding what the root
problem was.  So - I took out the validation of the size attribute
from the attachment_fu.rb file.  Line #344 has this line:

          [:size, :content_type].each do |attr_name|

Remove the :size and you'll be OK for windows.  Again, that doesn't
answer the root problem, but it will enable you to keep going.

Regards,
Dave
http://www.stevensonsoftware.com - affordable VPS Hosting
http://www.gotossh.com - web based SSH

On Jul 21, 10:55 pm, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Yaxm Y. (Guest)
on 2007-07-24 07:00
specifying the size by range solves the problem in windows:
:size => 0.kilobytes..500.kilobytes
Ramon T. (Guest)
This fixed my problem.
http://tinyurl.com/2de4ts