Forum: GNU Radio USRP as relay

pratik hetamsaria (Guest)
hi..

I want to make the usrp function as a relay for audio files.

Apart from working on rx_voice.py for getting the relay function to
work(i have written about the problem faced by me in my previous mail)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio...

i just made up a simple code which would do the same.I am attaching the
code for reference. I am able to see that the usrp reads the data coming
at 910MHz(in my case) which is transmitted by tx_voice.py by writing the
data onto a file and then passing it to the demodulator(i am able to see
the packets by passing the file as input to rx_voice.py). But, after
retransmission at 950MHz , at another machine i am not able to receive
any packets. I am able to see that the usrp does transmit something at
950MHz because i can see a spike in a spectrum analyzer at that
frequency. I am not able to get what can be the possible problem. Kindly
point out if there is any error in my code. Is there any fundamental
mistake which i am doing. I have been mailing quite a lot regarding this
but not getting any response.
Please help.

Thanks
Pratik Hetamsaria

class my_graph(gr.flow_graph):

    def __init__(self):
        gr.flow_graph.__init__(self)

    parser = OptionParser(option_class=eng_option)
        parser.add_option("-R", "--rx-subdev-spec", type="subdev",
default=None)
        parser.add_option("-d", "--decim", type="int", default=256)
        parser.add_option("-f", "--freq", type="eng_float",
default=910e6)
        parser.add_option("-g", "--gain", type="eng_float", default=45)
        parser.add_option("-T", "--tx-subdev-spec", type="subdev",
default=None)
        parser.add_option("-a", "--tx-amplitude", type="eng_float",
default=32000)
        parser.add_option("-q", "--tx-freq", type="eng_float",
default=950e6)
        parser.add_option("-i", "--interp", type="intx", default=512)
        (options, args) = parser.parse_args()

    rx_src = usrp.source_c (0, options.decim)
    rx_subdev_spec = (0,0)
    rx_src.set_mux(usrp.determine_rx_mux_value(rx_src, rx_subdev_spec))
    subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(rx_src, rx_subdev_spec)
    r = rx_src.tune(0, subdev, options.freq)

    self._tx_amplitude = options.tx_amplitude
    self.amp = gr.multiply_const_cc(0)
    self.amp.set_k(self._tx_amplitude)

    dst = usrp.sink_c(0, options.interp)
    if options.tx_subdev_spec is None:
            tx_subdev_spec = usrp.pick_tx_subdevice(dst)
    dst.set_mux(usrp.determine_tx_mux_value(dst, tx_subdev_spec))
    subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(dst, tx_subdev_spec)
    r = dst.tune(subdev._which, subdev, options.tx_freq )

    filename = "/home/polytech/Desktop/usrp_data_receive.dat"
    destination = gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, filename)

    self.connect(rx_src, destination)
    self.connect(rx_src, self.amp, dst)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    try:
        my_graph().run()
    except KeyboardInterrupt:
        pass
Tarun T. (Guest)
Hi Pratik,

I hope this would help you
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio...

regards,
Tarun

On 7/18/07, pratik hetamsaria <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> code for reference. I am able to see that the usrp reads the data coming at
>
>     parser = OptionParser(option_class=eng_option)
>         parser.add_option("-q", "--tx-freq", type="eng_float",
>     self._tx_amplitude = options.tx_amplitude
>     self.amp = gr.multiply_const_cc(0)

    self.amp.set_k(self._tx_amplitude)
pratik hetamsaria (Guest)
hi tarun,

I have been looking at those links only.Rather the entire code which i
have made is based upon that. I came to know how to declare the usrp as
source and sink from the archives. But making it as a relay is somehow
not working and i don't have any idea where can be the possible mistake.
It would be very helpful if you can point out where i am making the
mistake.

Thanks
Pratik Hetamsaria

Tarun T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote: Hi Pratik,

I hope this would help you
[...]

 Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish.  Click here to know
how.