Forum: Ruby on Rails Email outside of Rails

Mark S. (Guest)
I'm working on an application that requires a process to send/receive
SMS messages (via email for now) outside of Rails.   Right now I have
it working using the ActionMailer and ActiveRecord objects in my Rails
application.

Is it better (quicker, more scalable) to read/write to the database
and send/receive outside of the ActiveRecord and ActionMailer models I
have setup in rails?
Jacob A. (Guest)
Mark wrote:
> I'm working on an application that requires a process to send/receive
> SMS messages (via email for now) outside of Rails.   Right now I have
> it working using the ActionMailer and ActiveRecord objects in my Rails
> application.
>
> Is it better (quicker, more scalable) to read/write to the database
> and send/receive outside of the ActiveRecord and ActionMailer models I
> have setup in rails?

Yes, you can make more scalable solutions outside of Rails. But...

Is the current solution not working?
Are you having performance issues?

If not, why bother?

--