Forum: Ruby rb_load_file crashes when there no bracket is provided

Saravanan S. (Guest)

When i tried to load the below mentioned code using rb_load_file it
works

def Category(pArg1)
    lvalue = ("\"" + "CatA" + "\"" + pArg1)
    eval "#{lvalue}"
end

def is(pArg1)
    return "==\"" + pArg1 + "\""
end

i = Category(is('CatB'))

But when i changed the line
i = Category(is('CatB')) to
i = Category is 'CatB' #removing the brackets
rb_load_file crashes. btw i am using borland c++ 6.0

How to solve this problem?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,
Saravanan A
Phil M. (Guest)
> But when i changed the line
> i = Category(is('CatB')) to
> i = Category is 'CatB' #removing the brackets

Why do you need to remove brackets?
Saravanan S. (Guest)
on 2007-07-16 18:11
Phil M. wrote:
>> But when i changed the line
>> i = Category(is('CatB')) to
>> i = Category is 'CatB' #removing the brackets
>>
> Why do you need to remove brackets?

This is basically a set of rules that our client will define.  I am
writing DSL so that it will be easy for our client. When i execute the
same using ruby.exe it works but with bracket warning.  I think
rb_load_file is crashing because of this warning message.

Please help me

Regards,
Saravanan A
Saravanan S. (Guest)
on 2007-07-16 18:59
when rb_gv_set("VERBOSE", Qnil)is executed, it works fine.  Basically
this will suppress all the warnings. This is equivalent to "ruby -w"