Forum: Ruby on Rails 'script' is not recognized as an internal or external comman

Jazzy B. (Guest)
    I am trying t install a plugin and itz throwing the error

"'script' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

I am using windows.......
E:\WorkSpace1\Test\vendor>script/plugin install upload_progress

I am badly i need of it ..

Can some body help me...

Thanks in advance....

Regards,
Jazzy B.
Phlip (Guest)
Jazzy B. wrote:

>    I am trying t install a plugin and itz throwing the error

Long term, get CygWin, and use its Bash command line. This is incredibly
superior to CMD.EXE in every way, both for learners and proficient
users.

And we apologies on behalf of the committee that lots of the Ruby
documentation assumes Bash command lines.

> E:\WorkSpace1\Test\vendor>script/plugin install upload_progress

ruby script/plugin ...

Bash knows that script is a Ruby program, but CMD.EXE does not.

--
  Phlip
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/

I just want to know if the same command is used in linux also.

In windows I am able to install the plugin with "ruby script/plugin
install..."

But in Linux I am getting the error

"./script/../config/boot.rb:15:in `require': no such file to load --
rubygems (LoadError)"

Please help regarding this problem ..

Thank you very much in advance....

Regards,
Jazzy B....
Phlip (Guest)
Jazzy B. wrote:

> But in Linux I am getting the error
>
> "./script/../config/boot.rb:15:in `require': no such file to load --
> rubygems (LoadError)"
>
> Please help regarding this problem ..

We need to line up and smack each Linux distribution maintainer who
doesn't
make the rubygems package a part of ruby.

Now install rubygems. That could be

    sudo yum install rubygems

or some variation where yum is apt-get or irpmdx or whatever. Or you
might
run your GUI package manager...

--
  Phlip