Forum: Ruby on Rails Text Editor for Windows with SFTP support + Ruby syntax high

chirag (Guest)
Does anybody know of any good text editors for Windows with SFTP
support + Ruby syntax highlighting?

SFTP support could include the ability to automatically sync projects
and/or the abillity to edit remote files locally. I'm working on a
Solaris server but don't logging in and having to use vi or emacs.

I found a couple but wanted to see if anybody has a favorite that
works well with Ruby
http://www.zeusedit.com/features.html

Chirag
Swartz (Guest)
UltraEdit

SFTP/FTP/SSH support. Syntax highlighting for a LOT of languages.
Simple enough to use with powerfull features.

give it a try
Chris Johnston (Guest)
jEdit with the FTP and Ruby plug-ins. Just make sure you download the
newest
pre release. I believe they are up to 4.3 pre10. Very stable and
versatile
editor with excellent Ruby support.

http://www.jedit.org

--
www.fuzzylizard.com

You know you've achieved perfection in design, Not when you have nothing
more to add, But when you have nothing more to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2007-07-15 13:33
Hi Chirag,

> Does anybody know of any good text editors for Windows with SFTP
> support + Ruby syntax highlighting?

Aptana does what you want. It's still beta but is shaping up to be
great.
Some milestones do contain a couple of fallacies though.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.nl

although it does have a tendency for the inbuilt server runner to break.
otherwise, top-notch.

Roderick van Domburg wrote:
> Hi Chirag,
>
>> Does anybody know of any good text editors for Windows with SFTP
>> support + Ruby syntax highlighting?
>
> Aptana does what you want. It's still beta but is shaping up to be
> great.
> Some milestones do contain a couple of fallacies though.
>
> --
> Roderick van Domburg
> http://www.nedforce.nl
(Guest)
On Jul 15, 6:00 am, chirag <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I found a couple but wanted to see if anybody has a
> favorite that works well with Ruby
>
>  http://www.zeusedit.com/features.html

I'm just curious. As you indicate the Zeus IDE does
seamless FTP/SFTP editing.

Is there some problem with Zeus and the Ruby language?

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows IDE