Forum: Ruby on Rails Backgroundrb needs a new maintainer.

Ezra Z. (Guest)
Hello All-

  Is there anyone out there that wants to take over as maintainer of
the backgroundrb project? I feel bad because I know lots of folks use
it but I absolutely do not have time to work on it anymore :(.

  I'm looking for a new maintainer, I would give you all the access to
the project you need and try to help you come up to speed on the
codebase.

  If anyone is interested please let me know

Thanks
-- Ezra Z.
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- removed_email_address@domain.invalid
-- Engine Y., Serious Rails Hosting
-- (866) 518-YARD (9273)
Lionel B. (Guest)
Ezra Z. wrote:
> Hello All-
>
>   Is there anyone out there that wants to take over as maintainer of
> the backgroundrb project? I feel bad because I know lots of folks use
> it but I absolutely do not have time to work on it anymore :(.
>
>   I'm looking for a new maintainer, I would give you all the access to
> the project you need and try to help you come up to speed on the
> codebase.

I'm not available right now (I'm working on stompserver right now which
is more urgent for me), but I'll need backgroundrb later for one of my
projects so if nobody volunteers in the following months, eventually
I'll make sure backgroundrb is maintained.

Lionel.
Hemant K. (Guest)
On 7/13/07, Lionel B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > codebase.
> >

> I'm not available right now (I'm working on stompserver right now which
> is more urgent for me), but I'll need backgroundrb later for one of my
> projects so if nobody volunteers in the following months, eventually
> I'll make sure backgroundrb is maintained.

Ezra,

Although I am a bit busy, but i would be interested in maintaining
backgroundrb. I am already using it in couple of my projects and
generally know my way around the backgroundrb code.

--
gnufied
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Jul 13, 2007, at 4:38 PM, hemant wrote:

>> projects so if nobody volunteers in the following months, eventually
> --
> gnufied

  Thanks guys. Brett R. has agreed to step up as well. Maybe you
both can work together? His email is removed_email_address@domain.invalid and he
has commit rights now. If you would like commit rights please sign up
for an account at the trac and let me know what email address you
used and I'll give you commit.

Cheers-

-- Ezra Z.
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- removed_email_address@domain.invalid
-- Engine Y., Serious Rails Hosting
-- (866) 518-YARD (9273)
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2007-07-14 12:45
Hi Ezra,

Do you have something of a todo list on your mind? At Nedforce we use
BackgrounDRb extensively and we would be happy to contribute patches
when we can.

And thanks for your superb work so far, it's been stellar.

Cheers!

--
Roderick van Domburg
Nedforce <http://www.nedforce.nl>