Forum: Ruby on Rails Windows development and Linux hosting

DBC User (Guest)
Hi All,

I am learning about the rails hosting in linux. My development
environment is Windows, is there a way to convert the rails
application from Windows to linux?

I was unable to display my test rails page because of the path problem
and then version problem etc., I am taking baby steps and getting one
by one resolved, but got stuck in the following error? Can someone
help me?

[Wed Jul 11 12:53:23 2007] [error] [client 164.57.112.139] Premature
end of script headers:
../dispatch.cgi
../config/boot.rb:29: undefined method `gem' for main:Object
(NoMethodError)
  from ../config/environment.rb:11
  from ../dispatch.cgi:3
[Wed Jul 11 12:54:29 2007] [error] [client 164.57.112.139] Premature
end of script

Based on the error, I thought it is not finding the gem so I went and
added the linux path to ruby binary folder as the first line of code
and is still giving me the error.
Phlip (Guest)
DBC User wrote:

> I am learning about the rails hosting in linux. My development
> environment is Windows, is there a way to convert the rails
> application from Windows to linux?

Are you running script/server and looking at the result? That should
be all you need - you also generally only need to restart that server
if you change something outside the app folder.

script/server should run Webrick, which is usually too simple to
break. Your errors appear to be CGI integration errors. Save the hard
stuff for Linux!

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!
> break. Your errors appear to be CGI integration errors. Save the hard
> stuff for Linux!
>
> --
>   Phlip
>  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!

I tested with script/server and it worked fine. Then I have change
the .rb file to add linux specific ruby location and in the linux
server it is failing.