Forum: Ruby SCP Ruby

Ari B. (Guest)
Hey all,
   What would be the best way to use SCP through ruby?
I'm looking to use it to connect to an AFP port on a mac.

THanks,
~ Ari
English is like a pseudo-random number generator - there are a
bajillion rules to it, but nobody cares.
Daniel B. (Guest)
On Jul 10, 12:35 pm, Ari B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hey all,
>          What would be the best way to use SCP through ruby?
> I'm looking to use it to connect to an AFP port on a mac.

Will net-sftp work for you? Otherwise you're looking at a custom
'expect' solution (unless someone has already rolled one out that I
don't know about).

Regards,

Dan
Felix W. (Guest)
> >          What would be the best way to use SCP through ruby?

Yes, my bad there earlier - sftp would indeed be easier than scp as sftp
has
ruby bindings, whereas scp does not seem to.

Requirements are that ssh is allowed through the firewall and that you
haven't made manual edits to the ssh config file (/etc/sshd_config) to
turn
off the sftp subsystem.

http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/br...
de15ceb49

That link may help implementing as the library apparently is a bit
sparse in
regards to documentation.

HTH,

Felix
Ari B. (Guest)
On Jul 10, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Daniel B. wrote:
> Will net-sftp work for you? Otherwise you're looking at a custom
> 'expect' solution (unless someone has already rolled one out that I
> don't know about).

Currently, that's what I've hacked together. But what I'm doing is
connecting to an AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) port. I've been told
that I can do it  through SCP, so I've been using SFTP.

Not sure if it works yet, tho. Testing it now...