Forum: Ruby IRB require issues

Guest (Guest)
on 2007-07-06 05:29
is there a reason why saying require 'net/http' would return false?

i've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my installation, but i
see no reason why it refuses to load that one library, it works for
everything else i can think of...

thanks
diego scataglini (Guest)
False means that's already required.

Diego Scataglini
Todd B. (Guest)
On 7/5/07, Guest <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> is there a reason why saying require 'net/http' would return false?
>
> i've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my installation, but i
> see no reason why it refuses to load that one library, it works for
> everything else i can think of...
>
> thanks

Usually, this is because it is already loaded ...

irb(main):001:0> $LOADED_FEATURES.grep /net/
=> ["net/protocol.rb", "net/http.rb"]
irb(main):002:0> require 'net/http'  #already loaded, so should return
false
=> false

hth,
Todd