Forum: Ruby on Rails observe_field without :update

STeffen Brunner (Guest)

I want to check a select box with the observe_field method, but won't do
a AJAX request if it changes. Instead I want to call a REST-path.
Letting away the optional :update parameter had no success.

Tx.
Bill W. (Guest)
Hi Steffen,

STeffen Brunner wrote:

> I want to check a select box with the observe_field method,
> but won't do a AJAX request if it changes. Instead I want to
> call a REST-path.

observe_field generates the JS to produce an XMLHttp request to the
controller / method you specify in the :url parameter.  I'm not sure I
understand exactly what you mean when you say "call a REST-path" but the
browser will expect a JS response.  If you'll say more about exactly
what
you're trying to accomplish, perhaps we can be of more assistance.

Best regards,
Bill