Forum: Ruby on Rails sqlite3.3.7 gives "SQL logic error or missing database"

Phlip (Guest)
> annoyingly from test_dummy with nothing in it. The bug refers to the calls
> `commence'
>

> So when I move all my non-Model unit tests out of the unit test folder,
> and put them into the functional folder, and everything works.

I spoke too soon. The unit tests work, but all the functional view
helper
tests don't work!

So, like others who have tried Sqlite3 on Fiesty Fawn, I am back to
MySQL
for the tests. Good thing it doesn't seem too slow...
Phlip (Guest)
Phlip wrote:
> > annoyingly from test_dummy with nothing in it. The bug refers to the calls
> > `commence'
>

> > So that doesn't appear to be pilot error, huh, if all these tests work
> > fine with MySQL for the test database, and if all these tests worked fine
> > with slightly older version ticks.
>
> > Some version dumps:
>
> > rails (1.2.3)
> > sqlite3-ruby (1.1.0.1) (This is _why's sensibility repack.)
> >ZenTest(3.6.0)

My biggest recent version change was ZenTest (from 3.4.2). Adding this
line to the *ViewTest classes seems to help:

  self.use_transactional_fixtures = false

And SQLite3 can't do transactions. So the problem appears to be
ZenTest's propagation of the transactional fixtures setting...

--
  Phlip