Forum: Ruby Gremlins -- Ruby interpreter suggestion

John J. (Guest)
I would like to make a suggestion for the Ruby interpreter to not
complain about gremlins (extra newline characters) after the final
end   in a file.
This is often the source of unnecessary bugs.
It would also be nice to be able to put a comment or two after that
last   end   !

John J.
Yukihiro M. (Guest)

In message "Re: Gremlins -- Ruby interpreter suggestion"
    on Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:15:33 +0900, John J.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

|I would like to make a suggestion for the Ruby interpreter to not
|complain about gremlins (extra newline characters) after the final
|end   in a file.
|This is often the source of unnecessary bugs.
|It would also be nice to be able to put a comment or two after that
|last   end   !

Can you elaborate?  Preferably with input that cause errors, and with
modified message you want to see.

              matz.
John J. (Guest)
On Jul 4, 2007, at 9:51 PM, Yukihiro M. wrote:

> |It would also be nice to be able to put a comment or two after that
> |last   end   !
>
> Can you elaborate?  Preferably with input that cause errors, and with
> modified message you want to see.
>
>               matz.

When it occurs again, I will post it. I can't seem to re-create it
now. Maybe it's my imagination?!