Forum: Radiant CMS Radiant extension vs rails plugin

beddhu murali (Guest)
Hi, What is the difference between a radiant extension and a rails
plugin?

Bijah
Sean C. (Guest)
Rails plugins are designed to extend or modify the Rails framework,
Radiant extensions modify the Radiant application (which is a Rails
app).  In a sense, they do similar things, extensions just have some
easy hooks into Radiant and their initialization routines, etc, are
quite different.

Sean
John L. (Guest)
Sean C. wrote:
> Rails plugins are designed to extend or modify the Rails framework,
> Radiant extensions modify the Radiant application (which is a Rails
> app).  In a sense, they do similar things, extensions just have some
> easy hooks into Radiant and their initialization routines, etc, are
> quite different.

On initialization. Plugins are loaded as the Rails framework is being
loaded, but before most of the Radiant application code is loaded.
Radiant extensions are loaded after the application code is loaded.

--
John L.
http://wiseheartdesign.com