Forum: Ruby on Rails How can I get the current path which is processed by rails?

allen (Guest)
Hi all,

I want something like action_name in my controller which could store
the current path, say /categories/1;edit. Is there any way to get
this? Thanks.

allen
Jon G. (Guest)
allen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want something like action_name in my controller which could store
> the current path, say /categories/1;edit. Is there any way to get
> this? Thanks.
>

> allen

There's lots of interesting stuff to be found in the ENV hash. Such
as...

ENV['REQUEST_PATH']

--
http://www.5valleys.com/
(Guest)

Thanks!
Jon G. (Guest)
> Is there a list anywhere of what all is usually in ENV?
>
> Thanks!

It depends on your sever setup, but doesn't usually change unless the
admin responsible for the server changes it.  Try pasting this
temporarily in one of your views...

ENV
<ul>
<% ENV.keys.each do |key| %>
   <li>ENV['<%= key %>'] = <%= ENV[key] %></li>
<% end %>
</ul>

request.env
<ul>
<% request.env.keys.each do |key| %>
   <li>request.env['<%= key %>'] = <%= request.env[key] %></li>
<% end %>
</ul>

That should give you a list of everything currently available.  Note
that I originally forgot about 'request.env' which provides some more
info.

--
http://www.5valleys.com/