Forum: Ruby on Rails What Test Framework is everyone using?

Daniel -. (Guest)
I'm just about to launch into a small app inhouse for the manufacturing
company I work for.  I've used rails for quite a while, and have used
Test::Unit baked in rails.  I've also used
rspec - it's changed a bit since I used it
simply_bdd - I've used this one quite a bit.

I see that there is also test/spec available and I am considering this
one
at the moment.

I've tended to go for the ones that are built on top of Test::Unit since
then all helpers rails defines and such are avilable.

I'm a bit concerned that if I go for rspec, it's non-standard and I'm
thinking it might get me into trouble when helpers aren't available etc.

What experiences, have people had with these and what would you use?

Cheers
Daniel
David C. (Guest)
On 7/2/07, Daniel N <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> then all helpers rails defines and such are avilable.
FWIW, rspec wraps test/unit as well (at least the rails plugin does).
So all of the helpers and assertions are available if you use rspec as
well.

Cheers,
David
Daniel -. (Guest)
On 7/3/07, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> one
> Cheers,
> David

Thanx, I didn't realise that.  That certianly makes rspec a more viable
option, for me at least.

Cheers