Forum: Ruby "rubyscript2exe", cannot put picture in the project???

Cool W. (Guest)
on 2007-07-03 06:21
when i create a .exe file from ruby, the "rubyscript2exe" will occur
error, because the project involve some picture. So how i can put
picture in my project without errors???
Pat K. (Guest)
on 2007-11-18 21:49
I have the same problem somebody know how to add picture please :(
Janek T. (Guest)
Hello,

Pat K. schrieb:
> I have the same problem somebody know how to add picture please :(

what's the problem? Do you make your script directory to an executable
with rubyscripttoexe? If that's true also the picture in that directory
is now inside the binary. To use it in you script use the
rubyscripttoexe variables.

require 'rubyscripttoexe'
(..)
RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir + '/youpic.jpg'

Janek
Pat K. (Guest)
on 2007-11-19 10:06
I can't do it, I use

require 'rubyscript2exe'
$pic = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir + '/t.jpg'
picturebox2_img = Image.new($pic)

where t.jpg is in the same directory with .rb file and when I run with
ruby It works but when I convert to exe, and move to different directory
it doesn't work :'(
Jari W. (Guest)
Pat K. wrote:
> I can't do it, I use
>
> require 'rubyscript2exe'
> $pic = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir + '/t.jpg'
> picturebox2_img = Image.new($pic)

Why do you use $ in front of a local variable? AFAIK, that's reserved
for system use.

> where t.jpg is in the same directory with .rb file and when I run with
> ruby It works but when I convert to exe, and move to different directory
> it doesn't work :'(

Try to include the jpg file by setting RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.lib, as explained
by the docs.

Best regards,

Jari W.
Pat K. (Guest)
on 2007-11-19 14:56
I still struggle with it :'(
here's my code

require 'wx'
require 'rubyscript2exe'

include Wx
include RUBYSCRIPT2EXE

RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.lib = ["t.jpg"]

picturebox2_img = Image.new('t.jpg')

I think when I convert to exe and delete file 't.jpg' application won't
work because picturebox2_img is make from directory and when I restore
't.jpg' from recycle bin it's work

how can I add jpg to lib?? I do something wrong
Erik V. (Guest)
> I can't do it, I use
>
>  require 'rubyscript2exe'
>  $pic = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir + '/t.jpg'
>  picturebox2_img = Image.new($pic)
>
> where t.jpg is in the same directory with .rb file and when I
> run with ruby It works but when I convert to exe, and move to
> different directory it doesn't work :'(

Which command do you use to "compile" the application?

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/
Pat K. (Guest)
on 2007-11-19 17:45
I install rubyscript2exe.gem
and use

rubyscript2exe calculator.rb

in cmd and it create calculator.exe in the same directory
what's wrong :(
Janek T. (Guest)
Try to use "rubyscript2exe directorywithcalculator.rb/" instead.
But mention that you main script need the name "init.rb".

Pat K. schrieb:
Erik V. (Guest)
> I install rubyscript2exe.gem and use
>
> rubyscript2exe calculator.rb
>
> what's wrong :(

Compiling a script, just, uh, compiles your script. It doesn't
include the other application files.

However, compiling a directory does include other files.

Create the directory calculator, move calculator.rb to
calculator/init.rb, move t.jpg to calculator/t.jpg and run the
following command:

 rubyscript2exe calculator/

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/
Pat K. (Guest)
on 2007-11-19 19:01
finally I can make .exe with picture!
thank you very much :))
Devi Web D. (Guest)
On Nov 19, 2007 3:36 AM, Jari W.
> Pat K. wrote:
> > I can't do it, I use
> >
> > require 'rubyscript2exe'
> > $pic = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir + '/t.jpg'
> > picturebox2_img = Image.new($pic)
>
> Why do you use $ in front of a local variable? AFAIK, that's reserved
> for system use.

Variable names that begin with ($) aren't reserved for system use,
they're global variables.

Daniel Brumbaugh K.